2021 Shopfront Grant Scheme - Castlebar Municipal District
The 2021 Shopfront Grant Scheme is an initiative focused on improving the overall visual appearance of Shopfronts in the Castlebar Municipal District. This scheme offers an incentive to premises owners and those in control of premises to enhance their properties. The closing date for receipt of application forms is 4p.m. on 30th June 2021
For Info and a Quote on your Shopfront
Contact Us Today. Click the button for an enquiry.
The owners or tenants (with the written permission of the owner) of retail premises located in the following areas of Castlebar Municipal District may apply for grant assistance under the Shopfront Grant Scheme. Priority will be given to smaller independent businesses within the town/village centres.
Ellison Street Castle Street Shamble Street Market Square.
Market Street Bridge Street Linenhall Street Tucker Street
New Antrim Street, Rush Street, Spencer Street Duke Street
Chapel Street Richard Street Newtown Lower Charles Street
Thomas Street Hopkins Road Cavendish Lane.
Belcarra Balla Breaffy Bellavary
- Maximum Grant is 50% of costs (vat exclusive) with a maximum grant payment of €1,000.
- The Budget for this scheme in 2021 is limited and applications for funding will be assessed by an Adjudication Panel appointed by the Council, whose decision shall be ﬁnal.
- Grants will not be offered in respect of works commenced before the grant approval date.
- Properties must be commercially rated.
- Applications may not be considered where there are rates or charges due to the Council. However, consideration will be given in such instance where there is an agreed payment plan in place that is being adhered to.
- Grant payment will be subject to the applicant having obtained planning permission, if required.
- Priority will be given to smaller independent businesses within the town/village centres.
- Applications will be accepted from either the landlord or lessee, whichever is appropriate.
- Works must not commence prior to receipt of written approval from Castlebar Municipal District
- Third party costs only will be considered. Should applicants wish to undertake work themselves a grant will be paid towards material costs only.
- Grants are awarded entirely at the discretion of the Council. If the application is successful, Castlebar Municipal District will send a Grant Offer letter, conﬁrming the grant offered, in accordance with the guidelines.
- Any alterations to design and/or materials must be agreed in advance and recorded on the work schedule.
- Application forms are available from the download button below, and online at mayo.ie
- The applicant must indicate their legal interest in the property e.g. proprietor, tenant, leaseholder.
- The applicant must provide written permission from shop owner if lessee or tenant
- The closing date for the receipt of application forms is 4 pm. on 30th June 2021
- Incomplete applications will be deemed invalid.
- Completed shopfront grant application
Drawdown of grant assistance monies shall only issue provided the applicant is in compliance with the following:
- The award of a shopfront grant is linked to the named applicant and the premises in question. It cannot be reassigned.
- A notice of completion is lodged with Castlebar Municipal District on or before 4.00pm the 1st November 2021.
- Receipted invoices for works pertaining to the shopfront are lodged along with the notice of completion.
- The works are substantially in compliance with the approved details – subject to final inspection and verification by Castlebar Town Council.
- Payment will only be made following completion of appropriate, approved works.
- No grant will be paid to any project where changes are made that have not been agreed with Castlebar Municipal District
- Tax Reference Number & Access Number of the contractor and the business owner must be provided.
The 2021 Shopfront Grant Scheme is an initiative focused on improving the overall visual appearance of Shopfronts in the Castlebar Municipal District.
Restoration and Refurbishment of Shop Facades
The shop front improvement scheme will support business owners who contribute to the local environment and raise the image of town centres in Dún Laoghaire Rathdown which in turn leads to increased local and visitor footfall.
Promote Quality Design in the County
The appearance of shop fronts and the buildings in which they reside have a considerable impact and influence on the character of a place. They are an essential element not only of the buildings in which they are set, but also of the wider streetscape. A shop front that has been designed with respect given to the architecture of the building and character of the surrounding area can add charm and vitality, making it attractive to shoppers and visitors alike.